Navigating the Business of Freelance Writing
by Full-Time Freelance Author, Janice Thompson
This course will help you learn the ropes to sustaining a long term career, with an inside view of what it means to be a professional freelance writer.
- LESSON ONE: Plotting Your Writing Career
- Learn the secrets of planning your career and keeping your head above water as you balance your current lifestyle with the demands of discipline required to succeed as a freelance writer.
- LESSON TWO: Branding and Taglines
- Learn to build your personal brand, build your reputation, and gain a clear focus of your purpose as a writer.
- LESSON THREE: Building Your Writing House
- Learn the ins and outs of the publishing business.
- LESSON FOUR: Working with a Critique Group
- Learn how to find others who can help you hone your craft and polish your work to give yourself the best chance for publication.
- LESSON FIVE: The Conference Experience
- Learn how to get the most out of attending conferences where you have a chance to connect with other authors and editors.
- LESSON SIX: Finding and Working with an Agent
- Learn how to find an agent that will promote your work and help get you published.
- LESSON SEVEN: Making the Sale (includes a primer on contracts)
- Learn the business of freelance writing, how to submit, contracts, rights, and more.
- LESSON EIGHT: Author-Editor Relationships
- Learn to build and maintain solid relationships with editors who are key to your success as a freelance writer.
- LESSON NINE: Working with Your Publisher to Market Your Book
- Learn how to market your book in conjunction with your publishing house and editor. Great ideas for getting the word out to the masses.
- LESSON TEN: Sustaining a Lucrative Career
- Learn to develop a long term plan for your freelance writing career.
Each lesson includes:
3 Convenient Ways to learn – Video, Lesson Transcript, or Audio – Watch the video version of the lesson online, then download the PDF Transcript and MP3 audio file to take it with you.
Download PDF Worksheet
Download PDF Bonus Feature to help you dig deeper into each lesson